Friday 1 August 2014

M is for motto

Motto - noun A short sentence or phrase chosen as encapsulating the beliefs or ideals of an individual.

It's a little bit cheesey but I'll blame my ancestors. We have a family motto 'Verax Atque Probus' which translates to truthful and honest and it's something we all knew from being a kid. (There's mugs and pictures and a giant plaque on my garage door...we're cool) 

So it doesn't seem all that weird for me to have adopted a motto of my own to remind me that things aren't as lost as they seem. I've wrote about it before and it's a fairly common saying but here you go; Everyday may not be good, but there's something good in everyday.

It just reminds me to keep going, keep fighting and keep looking for that silver lining.

Here's a couple of possible mottos for you, if you feel like you want to jump on the bandwagon:

  • You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.
  • Living life one spoon at a time.
  • Today you are you, that is truer than true. Noone in the world is youer than you. - Dr.Seuss
  • Behind every beautiful thing, there is some kind of pain. - Bob.Dylan
  • You never know how strong you are until you have no choice.
  • Today you are stronger than you were yesterday.
  • Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment