Saturday 22 November 2014

Z is for Zeal

Zeal - noun Great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause or an objective. 

I really wanted to make sure this project, which I apologise for taking way too long, ended in an inspirational way. It was very hard to find a 'Z'word that fitted what I wanted to say but I think Zeal will do. 

With a chronic illness it can be really hard to work up any kind of enthusiasm because there are those thought in the back of your mind that tell you that you might not get to do it at that time, you might have to compromise or never get to do it at all. But, by doing that your almost letting the illness win. What kind of life can you lead if you never get excited?

Get enthused about just being here. Be excited about the little things. This week I'm flaring so my goals have shrunk a little, but I'm so zealous about finally finishing this project that I'm smiling at 1am through the pain. Tomorrow I'm gunna have a really awesome bath, with bubbles, salts, a hot drink and a good book so that's my next objective and guess what? I'm looking forward to it. 

That's all I'm saying to you. You're probably not going to be looking forward to scaling a mountain next week and that is perfectly fine. Instead, lets get excited about the little things. 

Leave me a little comment or use #chronicallyzealous to let me know what you get excited about, remember it's totally acceptable to look get zealous about putting on fresh PJ's. 


No comments:

Post a Comment