Monday 3 October 2016

When your bed makes you seasick

Let's start off by explaining that Vertigo does not mean 'afraid of heights' the word for that is actually Acrophobia. Vertigo is actually the name of that swaying and dizzying sensation you get when you look down from high up, hence the confusion, except that for some people that sensation can come from any movement. In fact, it sometimes even comes from laying still. 
That's my reality today, my bed has become a boat on choppy waters and don't even get me started on trying to walk. So there were a few options open to me today: I could attempt to battle on regardless and undoubtedly end up fainting on all over the place complete with bruises covering my skin;  I could lay in bed pitying myself as I let the situation get the better of me or I could do what I did - Make myself a comfy little nest in small bouts of energy, find a few jobs I could do on my laptop, put on several episodes of Poldark, and find the joy. 
It's been a busy weekend with a lot of brain-work so having a day to rest and potter online was refreshing, it gave my brain a little rest! I could cross of a few things from my to-do list such as e-mails to reply to, bills to pay online, and graphics work which gave me a wonderful sense of achievement and purpose. I could catch up on TV programmes and films, write blog posts, and research video ideas that would otherwise take me away from the other household jobs I 'should' be doing without any of that guilt. 
So my message today is to try and embrace joy in any and every situation! It isn't always easy, I know that, and we absolutely shouldn't ignore the bad times because it's healthy to address those too but we can't dwell in the negative. We need to actively look for the happiness, and I promise that if you do you will see a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment