Monday 14 April 2014

Everyday may not be good.

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day.

That's what I read today on a blog by a young girl, a child really, with the same illness as me and I was amazed by her optimism. This is a girl who struggles to walk every day, who barely goes to school because she's in too much pain to focus and who doesn't even realise what she's missing out on, imagine being 12 years old and looking out of your bedroom window to see your friends skate boarding, dancing or playing football in the street knowing that will most like be something you'll never do and yet she isn't sad or bitter, she doesn't spend her days wishing things were different or resenting her friends for living their lives.

Instead she gathers up her courage and carries on with her life, determined to live it to the absolute fullest she can and she is my inspiration.

If I could talk to this young girl, or perhaps if she's reading this, I want to say a big thank you.

 Because today is one of those not so good days where I would usually feel sorry for myself and become a moody farm animal to my partner even though he's trying his best to cheer me up, but because of that sentence I'm going to try and find the good in today, I'm going to relish in the fact that I get to watch kids films all afternoon and have my beautiful fiancĂ© bring me tea in bed because after all, things could be so much worse.

So I'm posting this hoping that maybe someone else out there who's also having a not so good day will read this, read about the little girl with so much heart, read about her enthusiasm for sheer happiness, read this sentence "every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day" and maybe it will touch them like it has touched me. Maybe it will brighten their day like it has mine, and hopefully they will tell another person who in turn will tell another and maybe, just maybe that young girl can change peoples lives from her bedroom.

2 comments: