Monday 14 April 2014

Anything but fine.

In my house the word ’fine’ is banned because ’fine’ usually means that you are anything but.

But when constantly bombarded with people, well meaning people, asking how you feel what else can you say? Imagine if every time you were asked about your well being you launched into a ten minute speech on your many issues, people would get very annoyed, very quickly.

I know it's easier to say ’fine’ but maybe every so often you could answer with "I'm okay but my backs aching a bit" or "yeah I'm good, bit tired though, you?"

Let people in, you don't have to roll out the welcome mat and get out the best china, just maybe take off to safety chain and undo the deadbolt.

So here's a challenge for you;

Every other time some asks you how you are, open up a little. You'll do fine I'm sure.

2 comments: